Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Soup Biography

Thank goodness for Full Circle Farm! Every other week Ming and I get an order of fresh veggies and fruits from this organic farm in Carnation, Washington. Since we only have a say in 5 of the 12 or so types that are put into the box, we never know what we might get! Every other Thursday I wait in suspense until the box arrives. Today we received leeks, red delicious apples, garnet yams, d'anjou pears, valencia oranges, red beets, red bell peppers, red onions, flavorich pluots, salad greens, red kale, arugula, and spinach!

After returning from the cancer awareness walk I knew I needed something warm and hearty for dinner. I pulled out some veggies from the refrigerator and began the preparation...
I first prepared the leaks, red kale, red peppers, carrots, potatoes, and garlic.


The next step: Begin cooking the leeks, carrots, and garlic.

Then I added the kale...









And finally the red peppers and potatoes...









After all of the veggies were added I tossed in some spices and let them work their magic while the rice was cooking...

When the rice was done it went into the bowl first...
Followed by some halibut I needed to finish up...






Topped with the soup and... voila!...

1 comment:

Jake and Janelle Snyder said...

Gotta LOVE Full Circle Farms! Woo-hoo! Your "Rookie" posts are great, and the soups look delicious.

-Janelle