Saturday, December 6, 2008

Going Once...Going Twice...Sold!


On November 29 (the day after Thanksgiving) there was an auction in the MPR (multi-purpose room) at the school. All of the money made from the auction went to single mothers in the village.

The auction began at 6:30 and ended around midnight (I left at 10). There were a variety of store bought items auctioned off first such as candles, toys, and clothes. The items I liked the best were homemade pies and jams, and handmade beaded work, knitted mittens, fur booties and hats, clothes, and quilts.

I was probably one bid away from getting homemade jam, bread, and a handmade cutting board in the shape of an ulu knife. I felt bad for a few minutes about losing the bid because I was unable to support a good cause. However, Karis pointed out that my persistent bidding contributed to the cause because the winning bid was $75. I felt much better after that!

No comments: