Monday, January 19, 2009

A Bootskate Experience

Yesterday I had great plans of getting organized and possibly going to school to plan lessons. However, as soon as Ming asked if I wanted to go skating on the ocean I knew I could not pass up the opportunity to get out in the warm (0 degree) weather and get some exercise. So we geared up and headed for the beach.

When we got there we were joined by some elementary students and later by some middle school students. Although Ming was the only one with actual skates, the rest of us showed off what we could do with our boots/shoes. Believe it or not, it was quite a workout!

The 1.5 hours we spent on the ice involved slipping, sliding, climbing on enormous blocks of ice, jumping on the rubbery overflow, and watching a breathtaking sunset. It was times like that where I thought "I LOVE Alaska. I could live here forever!" I don't know what the future will bring but I am so thankful for the opportunity I have right now to enjoy nature's little wonders :-)

No comments: