Friday, March 13, 2009

Searching For The Aurora's

At 11:00 this evening Ming asked if I wanted to see if the Aurora's (Aurora Borealis) were active. We suited up and walked down to the beach. After spending a few minutes staring and cranking our necks at what we thought might be the spectacular lights, we realized it was nothing more than a reflection from the village lights. I gently and politely asked for the lights to make an appearance, but perhaps I should have danced as well...

However, my disappointment soon vanished when I looked at the beautiful scenery I was surrounded by. The stars looked bright against the black sky, the air was crisp and cool, and soft snowflakes were slowly falling down to the ground. When my gaze followed the flakes to their destination, I was mesmorized by the blanket of sparkling snow. It appeared as if the ground was a dancing bed of glitter.

Now I will check outside one more time before going to bed...

No comments: